My attitude simply hasn’t been the best this Christmas. I’m not quite Scrooge, but I haven’t exactly been the life of the party lately. So here are 13 things I did, am doing, or plan to do to get in the right mood.
1. Put up lights. I did some but I think I need more.
2. Take pictures of houses where they put up a lot more lights than me, and send them to Kelly in hopes of capturing the $30 gift certificate.
3. Read more Christmas oriented stories. Anastasia’s came out in print recently. Maybe I’ll re-read it.
4. Write something for FanLit Forever’s annual Holiday Story Challenge, and not the one set in July.
5. Get some eggnog. I love eggnog.
6. Bake a fruitcake, since I’m not seeing any around here right now. Where have all the fruitcakes gone? Yes, I actually like the stuff.
7. Pack. Time to go visit relatives.
8. Get the tires changed. We finally got some snow to go with the cold. (Did this one already, which is a miracle.)
9. Put something festive on my blog. Yeah, I did a little, but I think I could do more.
10. Watch my health. This time of year frequently does a number on my family, and this year is no exception.
11. Get gifts. I did, but I need more, and better. More. Better. More! Better! That or to get a grip.
12. Watch more TV, and NOT Viva La Bam! If only I could get the remote control back from my son. There are all these Christmas Specials I’m missing.
13. Sing Christmas carols, even if it’s only karaoke. (Did that. Could do more.)
Allison (aka Angelgal)
jayedee in the lost world
Bobbi (Blogging Along and MomE and Loving It)