I’m going totally random this week.
1. Mom’s back from Africa! She’s been emailing pictures. Rhinos inches away. Giraffes with two necks. Yeah, I’m jealous.
2. The Girl wants a bead loom. She’s using one at school and loves it. Michaels doesn’t even know what we were talking about. Treasure Chest says they have it, but they close early and I have no idea where they are, even with a phone book and a map. The adventure continues.
3. The Boy’s birthday is coming up. He wants an iPod and a PSP. Uh…. yeah. I offered to take him out to dinner. Hope it doesn’t end up costing me as much as an iPod.
4. I learned how to check the oil in my new truck. More on that later. (Next Thursday, maybe?) You won’t believe what I had to do.
5. I got a request for a partial! The request was really fast. The rejection after I sent the partial was just as fast. Sigh.
6. Moving In is getting closer to publication. My editor tells me I’ll have a pub date any time now. Yipee!!!
I got an award. See? I’m supposed to post it as soon as I get it. I never post anything as soon as I get it. Not awards, anyway. I post those on Mondays. This Monday I’m planning on giving away a vampire book. Maybe I’ll do both.
8. I tried to watch the movie Alice’s Restaurant, for obvious reasons. It’s about Woodie Guthrie. It’s about the 60′s, which I love. It doesn’t have much of a plot, and I lost interest about a quarter of the way in. Oh well.
9. The Boy is planning on doing a lot of traveling this weekend because he has extra time off from school and his friends live out of town. He doesn’t seem to understand what it means to me to be driving him 70 miles at a whack, particularly since I have to do the return trip too. Do boys ever learn compassion?
10. There’s a bottle of Rit dye on my desk. I really should use it soon. It’s to color The Boys pants in the hopes he will actually start to use them. Apparently peacock blue isn’t good for boys.
11. I’m craving curry. No reason. Just in the mood.
12. I’d love to be doing more submissions, but the file I kept my agent research in is corrupted. I’m going to have to re-create it from scratch.
13. Pardon me while I step out for a moment. I suddenly have an overwhelming urge to backup everything on my computer.
In order to get the permalink from this post you must both put your URL in the Mr. Linky thing and leave a comment
More Thursday Thirteen participants can be found here
As always, I welcome the link to your Thursday Thirteen in my comments as well as in Mr. Linky.