Apparently the Mayan calendar ends tomorrow (Friday). This is supposed to be the end of the world. Having lived through Y2K, the Harmonic Convergence, and a wide variety of ascensions, I’m not really in the mood to do anything for it. However, it did occur to me that if the world really did end, I’d probably miss a few things. Like these:
1. Christmas lights reflected off new snow as viewed while holding my dh’s hand.
2. Attending a rock concert with a bunch of people who like to dance.
3. Chasing my daughter through the house while she screeches and giggles.
4. The loud rumble of a happy cat being petted.
5. When the bread comes out of the oven fresh and perfect.
6. Reading a good book.
7. Writing a good book.
8. Walking barefoot through cold, wet grass on a hot summer day.
9. Soaking in a warm jacuzzi.
10. Spending all afternoon talking with a good friend.
11. Feeling the wind pull my hair back as I bicycle on a path by the river.
12. Getting to the top of the mountain and looking out over the valley.
13. Finishing a major project, like a quilt or painting the house.
Well, hopefully I’ll get to see a lot more of all that, regardless of how the calendar ends.