At the end of 2011 I made 13 predictions. Let’s see how I did.
1. Someone somewhere is going to starve. Too obvious? Ok, it’ll be someone in the USA that makes the national news.
Not that I know of.
2. There will be some unpleasantly record-breaking weather.
Does Sandy count?
3. A hurricane will reach into some part of the Midwest. Maybe not Kansas, but at least Illinois.
Again, does Sandy count?
4. Someone will invent or bring everyone’s attention to a really spiffy building technique that’s good in high-winds, high-water, and earthquakes.
Maybe next year.
5. I’ll publish at least two books.
I’m determined to see this happen in 2013.
6. You will read at least one of my books and actually like it.
Maybe this year.
7. The Republicans will lose ground on the wings of some really stupid activity on their part.
I think so.
8. The Democrats will do something stupid too, but no one will notice because it’s just another sex scandal type thing and has nothing to do with verifiable facts like what is or is not in the constitution.
Not that I’m aware of, but I wasn’t really paying close attention so I might be wrong.
9. I’ll discover a new rock band (new to me, anyway) and blog about them. Everyone else in the world will already know about them.
All but the last bit because it looks like no one else knew about these bands either. However, I have a friend who discovered Pink Floyd.
10. A video about a cat will go viral, superseding news about Obama’s wife.
I didn’t notice, but I’ll bet this one came true.
11. Huffington Post will get into trouble for saying something that will later turn out to be true.
Yep. Or so my dh tells me. He reads it, not me.
12. EBay stock will go up. Google will go down. And all the other stocks on the market will tap dance.
Yep. Nope. But of course.
13. The world as we know it will end. The ending will be televised. The next day we will start in on a brave new world.
Even I didn’t believe this one. It was just the usual end-of-the-world business.